[Suggestion] Donation Items -- Buyable with in-game cash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Suggestion] Donation Items -- Buyable with in-game cash

Post  Fish on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 am

Depending on the amount of points needed for donation items we should make them purchasable in game. This should only be things like equipment items. Not items like stamina refillers, outfit tokens, ect.

--------
--Pros--
--------
*Increase the value of in game cash.
*Increase the buying and selling of in game items.
*Opportunity for people who cant donate to "earn" a donation item
*More of an incentive to hunt harder monsters for better loot. (Will increase manual play)
*Could potentially increase play times of some people who are working towards those items. Which in return means higher online count and a better looking server.
*Will keep every day loyal player's who cant donate equivalent to those who are regulars that can donate.

---------
--Cons--
---------
*Lose out on money from donations
*Could possibly be abused.

:::Closing thoughts:::
I believe this is a fantastically good idea. Yeah..Your right. I just said fantastically good, So what. As you can see it does have some pro's and some situational cons. Although I know I sure always wished that there was some way to earn donation items in-game. A lot of people could see that and actually work towards it. Which could lead to more time played and something to do other then just level and pk. If we could sufficiently eliminate bug abuse from this then I think it would work out well.

Fish
Admin

View user profile http://reallifetibia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Suggestion] Donation Items -- Buyable with in-game cash

Post  Jamsy Jay on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 am

Agreed! But if you are making cc donation item then we need to make sure that we dont but the donation items to cheap ingame or there just gonna donate less money for cc and buy it in game than spend more money and buy from donation :/

if you understand me :p

Jamsy Jay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brad on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Crystal coins should NEVER be a donation item. It ruins economy. Seen it happen far to many times.

I like this idea.. but at the same time i dont. Since CC's can be duped. but then again so can any item.

Brad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 am

True they can but like you said any item can. You can delete duped items btw. There is a way you can find them on the website. There was a sql query that was floating on the otland forums somewhere.

Fish
Admin

View user profile http://reallifetibia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remedy (Tony) on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 pm

agreed fish. this idea will help the economy of the OT but will decrease the donations. but as we all have said we can make it hard as hell to loot rares. which then will up the economy and make players spend 5-6 days to get a decent amount of cash. the abusing part of this, yes money can be duped but as fish said it can be caught.

Remedy (Tony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top